We’re always looking for great guest posts!Please note that you’ll need to send a full article for consideration, not just a title or list of topics.Want to learn more? Please read the guide below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I write for us?
Writing for us is a great way to advance your career as a writer, get exposure for your book or business, send SEO juice to your blog — and most importantly, share your insights and empower other fans.
What makes a strong article?
The best articles have these things in common:
- They’re deeply honest and personal. They don’t dance around the details or include vague references to the author’s experiences. They have strong examples and paint a vivid picture that other people can relate to.
- They dig beneath the surface. The advice isn’t oversimplified or clichéd; it’s insightful, empowering readers to understand life on a deeper level.
- The article builds to a clear message/lesson for readers
- When applicable, they’re practical and actionable. Not all articles need a list of things to do — in fact, some are more powerful without one. But when the topic warrants clear action steps, the article delivers.
Can I republish my submission on my blog?
Absolutely! We also accept submissions previously published on your blog. However, if we run your article on our site we ask that you not submit it to another major website.
How long should my article be?
Posts must be at least 500 words; 700 is better. The more the merrier 🙂
Sure! But please only include links that will be helpful to the reader. They can be appropriate posts on your blog or on any other site (the more reputable the source, the better).
Any style guidelines I should keep in mind?
- Where possible, include numbered lists, bullets, and subheadings.
- Remember that for online writing, clarity and easy reading are key.
- Use casual, everyday words rather than academic or formal language. Avoid overly promotional language.
- When applicable, include expert advice. Link to a study or expert source to help prove your point.
- Because we’re based in the U.S., we use American spellings (for example, “color” instead of “colour”).
Are there certain topics you avoid?
Yes. Generally, we reject pieces that are generic or give oversimplified advice.
Should I write a headline?
Please do! We reserve the right to tweak it for SEO, style, or just to make it more attention-grabbing, but when you suggest one, that makes our job easier.
Author bios can be fun and casual, or they can showcase what makes you an expert in your field. To get a better sense of what to write, check out some of the author bios on this site. Aim for 3-5 sentences.
I just sent a post. Now what?
We’ll be in touch within the next 2-4 weeks if it feels like a good fit for the blog at this time. If you don’t hear from us, feel free to try again with a different article. We deeply value your stories and insights, and we’re thrilled that you’d like to share.
What should I do after my article is published?
We’d love for you to share it on social media. Also, we hope you’ll be active in the comments, responding to readers’ questions or thoughts.
Before you submit your post, please run through this checklist. Have you…
- Added your name, email address, and 3-5 sentence author bio to the top of your Google doc? You can also include links to your website or social media profiles (optional).
- Turned your post into an editable Google Doc?