You may have not thought a lot about your pillow, but it actually has a big role when it comes to getting a good night’s sleep. Experts say that you have to know how to pick out the correct type of pillow in order to have a better sleep every night.
Bad pillows will ultimately lead to poor posture and cause you to have body pains and even headaches in the future. We have tried to come up with a list of 5 of the best microbead pillows on the market to help you decide on the best one for you.
The Best 5 Microbead Pillows Out There
1.Microbead Body Pillow with Silky Smooth Removable Cover by Squishy Deluxe
This is one of the top rating microbead pillows on the market. Here are its pros and cons:
- It is a long pillow (47 inches by 7 inches) and it can be made to change positions as required
- It offers full body support with its premium food grade fill of microbeads
- The cover feels silky smooth and can be removed easily to be washed.It is made from a nylon and spandex blend that makes it very silky and soft to touch
- This is a good option for pregnant women as well as those who are nursing.Aside from being a good bed pillow it can also provide the support for pregnant bellies and nursing
- The cover is double reinforced to ensure that the microbeads don&rsquo
- t leak out
- The cover is also made to be breathable so it should keep you cool as you use it
- The pillow is said to be dust-mite resistant odor-free and antibacterial
- If you find something wrong with your pillow within 6 months you can get your money back
- The color of the pillowcase has a tendency to bleed when washed especially the darker colors
- It may stretch with prolonged use which decreases its supporting action as the microbeads spread
- It could be a bit expensive compared to other microbead pillows
- The fabric used for the pillow may feel a bit stuffy if used for long periods of time
2. Luxury Travel Neck Pillow with Microbead Flat back Design by Home and Office Supplies
Here is another microbead pillow that you can check out. Below are some pros and cons:
- This pillow has a unique design and it might offer good support and comfort
- The pillow can absorb the pressure that is at the back of your head while sleeping
- It effortlessly supports your head and is capable of fitting snugly around your neck, too.It it less likely to push your head forward
- It is capable of reducing the strain on your neck while on a long journey
- The side chambers are filled with beads these may help to cushion the neck and keep it comfortable and cool
- You should be able to attach the pillow easily to your cabin bag or suitcase
- Some people report that the pillow is a bit too soft to their liking, There are also some people who find the pillow a bit firm
- There are reports that say the seams are a bit weak and this caused the pillow to develop holes
- It doesn&rsquo
- t come with a cover so it could get dirty quickly if you are not careful.I am quite clumsy so I think this may not be a good fit for me
- It does not come with washing or care instructions
- It has a tendency to fall out of place.There are users who wish it had a clasp to keep it in the same place
3. Microbead Bolster Squishy Roll Pillow by Cushie Pillow
Another microbead pillow in the market is the Microbead Bolster Squishy Roll Pillow by Cushie Pillow. Here are its pros and cons:
- This is a travel-sized pillow that can help support your knees and back wherever you are
- The pillow is especially helpful for people who have recently had surgery on their back arm or neck
- This is a great pillow for those who have injuries as it can mold and support the injured body part and thus reduce pressure joint achiness or numbness
- Being small in size it is versatile and can be used for different purposes such as propping up a tablet a bolster pillow for the back while watching TV or driving or as a prop pillow between the knees while sleeping
- The cover is made from a hypoallergenic nylon and spandex cover that can be washed
- The pillow should not retain or store moisture
- The cover is very thin and it could get snags that cause the beads to leak out
- The cover tends to stretch out after repeated use which means that it won&rsquo
- t be able to support your weight as much compared to when it was new
- It may feel a bit too full if you like a thinner or less full pillow
4. SmileyLife Neck Pillow
This pillow is quite popular on the market. Below are its pros and cons:
- The pillow is specifically designed to combat the different stresses of traveling such as sitting in cramped spaces for long periods of time
- The microbeads in the pillow are durable and they may give direct support in the places where you need it, The pillow can be used for lumbar and neck support
- The external part of the pillow can be washed
- SmileyLife aims to keep the body in balance wherever you are
- The pillow supports spinal alignment and this may help to reduce strain on the back, especially when sleeping upright
- There are people who claim that the pillow is too firm
- Some users report that the pillow slides around quite a bit
- It is not possible to add in or remove beads to make it more suitable to your needs
- Some say that the pillow is not as durable and it is not possible to wash it when it gets dirty
5. Filoan V Neck Pillow with Hoodie
The Filoan V Neck Pillow with Hoodie is another option you can look into. Below are its pros and cons:
- This pillow has a unique design which can make it quite popular among many users
- Some people use the pillow anywhere even at school while taking a nap
- The practical addition of the hoodie can help cover your head and eyes as you sleep
- The pillow can assist in keeping your neck in a good position whether you are sleeping or not
- The hoodie could be a cool accessory for your outfit, It is likely to be a lighter pillow compared to others as it weighs 210 grams
- It is machine-washable which is quite possibly good news for those who spill things on their pillows
- The hoodie is reported to also help with providing extra privacy as you sleep
- One happy customer reported that the hoodie helped to keep the cold air from the air conditioners in the airplane from directly blowing onto his head
- There are people who report that the pillow is a bit underfilled which made their sleep a bit uncomfortable
- Some reported that they would like the pillow to be firmer so it can support their neck better as they sleep
Comparing the 5 microbead pillows presented above, the clear winner would be the Microbead Body Pillow with Silky Smooth Removable Cover by Squishy Deluxe. Due to its size, many people have found it to be incredibly handy. This pillow can be used by pregnant or nursing women, which means they could save money as they don’t have to buy a separate pillow.
It also offers full body support, not just for the upper body as is the case with most pillows. The cover can be washed, so you can have a fresh pillow anytime. The cover is double reinforced, making it more likely to be durable even with repeated use. It is breathable, so you may not have to worry about feeling hot when sleeping. If you’re not satisfied, it comes with a 6 month money-back guarantee.
A good day actually starts with getting a good sleep the night before. Sleeping with the correct and right pillow can help you achieve that. Your pillow can have a big impact on the quality of sleep that you get. As sleep experts often reiterate, when you sleep, your body gets to rest and recharge.
Having a bad or incorrect pillow can worsen any discomfort, neck pain, headaches, arm or shoulder numbness, wheezing, and sneezing. A bad pillow cannot cause these conditions, but it can worsen any underlying problems that are related to the symptoms. Having a bad pillow will also prevent you from getting a good night’s sleep.
Consider Your Sleeping Style
When picking out your pillow, you have to consider the position you usually sleep in. The goal of the pillow is to keep your head in alignment with your spine. According to physical therapists, it should not reach too far forward or backwards.
Here are some tips:
- If you are a back sleeper, find a thinner pillow so that your head is not pushed or thrown forward too much. A pillow that has a higher loft at the bottom third can also be helpful to support your neck.
- If you are a side sleeper, find a firm pillow that can support the space between the outside of your shoulder and your ear.
- If you are a stomach sleeper, a very thin or almost flat pillow may be the best. You might even choose not to have a pillow to help your head alignment. But it that case, you may consider putting a pillow under your stomach to avoid getting lower back pain.
Picking the Correct Pillow for Your Needs
Picking a pillow is actually an individual process. What you like may be something entirely different from your loved ones’ needs. Here’s a guide on what you should look for when you find a pillow.
- Fill/fiber - Each fill/fiber has its own advantages and disadvantages. Microbead pillows usually cost less than pillows or memory foam. They may range from medium to soft.
- Weight of the fill - Microbead pillows are lightweight compared to latex or memory foam pillows. Your pillow’s weight actually depends on your preference. If you like to move your pillow around or re-shape it as you sleep, microbead pillows, like the Microbead Body Pillow by Squishy Deluxe, are a good choice.
- Quality of the fill - The Microbead Body Pillow by Squishy Deluxe is made from the highest quality materials, and can offer the support and comfort that you need for a long period of time. The better the quality, the longer you will be able to use the pillow.
- Size of the pillow - Some people find that standard-sized pillows are already large enough. If you like larger or longer pillows like the Microbead Body Pillow by Squishy Deluxe, it is okay as long as it keeps your body in alignment. You should feel comfortable when you sleep. The size should also provide stability to your body parts and relieve them from pressure.
- Fabric of the pillow case - Breathable fabrics such as the one used on the Microbead Body Pillow should also be a priority. A high-quality fabric can protect the pillow from sweat and stains.
- Chemistry - Microbeads are made through various chemical processes, and a lot of pillows also go through treatments to make them antibacterial. This goes with the Microbead Body Pillow. It is best to know how the pillow was made, as well as what processes the pillow was subjected to. A well-made pillow may be a great investment for you. With a microbead pillow, you are also more likely to protect yourself from allergies as microbeads are hypoallergenic in nature.
Shopping For A New Pillow
Here are some more tips to follow when buying a new pillow for your home:
- Look more at the pillow rather than just the cost - In a lot of cases, a more costly pillow doesn’t necessarily mean that it is the best or the right pillow for you. What is important is that you find a pillow that you feel is right for your needs. There are many instances where you can find a great pillow without having to spend a lot of money.
- Try it out at the shop. - Should you have the opportunity to buy the pillow at a store, try it out. There are stores where you have the option to try the pillow out for yourself or lie down with it. If not, try putting the pillow against the wall, like a vertical mattress, and check how the pillow feels. Lean your head towards the pillow like you would when you are lying down. Ask another person to check if your head is leaning towards one way or another side. Remember that your neck should be aligned with your spine.
The Microbead Body Pillow by Squishy Deluxe is by far the best among the microbead pillows available on the market. It is lightweight, and it can be shaped to fit your needs. It can double as a pregnancy pillow, as well as a nursing pillow. I prefer this type of pillow because I don’t have to find another one that suits to a different need. This is an all-in-one pillow!
I just wish that this was already in the market when I was looking for a great gift for my then pregnant sister. It would have saved me a lot of stress and time! The fabric of the pillow is soft and breathable, so you shouldn’t have to worry about sweating when you sleep.
It can be used in a variety of ways, as well as a in variety of positions. It should provide you with full body support as you sleep. The cover is washable, so you can have a fresh pillow every single time you sleep.